Being so busy over the last three weeks, getting ready for a couple of shows, my “noticer” went on hiatus. But I was grateful that it popped right back into action today when I had time to slow down. Here’s a list of a few of blessings that today brought.
- My young son’s socked foot always finds another socked foot under the kitchen table. It’s an egalitarian foot; it doesn’t care whom it belongs to.
- My husband brings me flowers on a pretty regular basis. Carries them all the way home on the train. (Yes. I know how lucky I am. Totally.) I love seeing what colors he picks for me and that they’re wrapped in crackle-y deli paper.
- My older son cracking jokes and the whole family laughing.
- My jeans fit okay. (Yes. This is a blessing. It doesn’t rank with like world peace or something, but it ranks.)
- Reading for an hour in the green armchair, on this rainy day, with several rounds of tea in my favorite fat mug.
- A fridge full of healthy food.
- Walking with my friend.
- Pink flowering cherry trees and bright yellow forsythia layering their colors in my front yard.
- A new gold Sharpie.
- Cracking a glazed kiln load, and seeing bright, shiny pieces staring back up at me.
What did YOU notice today? What made you feel lucky?